8 Top dive site in gili island
Hello Good Diver !!Wishing you healthy and safe as always. According to Blog.padi.com there are 8 top dive sites in Gili Islands Indonesia
1. Shark Point, Located on the west of Gili Trawangan is a firm favourite of many Gili divers. Here you will find larger marine species including reef sharks, huge green turtles, moray eels and occasional rays.
2. Turtle Heaven, Positioned to the east of Gili Meno, Turtle Heaven certainly lives up to its name – it’s even possible to lose count of the number of turtles in just one dive.
3. Manta Point, Located on the south side of Gili Trawangan and has diverse corals including hard and soft corals, table corals and bommies – all of which provide shelter for a myriad of fish. This is a great site for those who want to see big fish and although manta rays are occasionally spotted, more reliable sightings include adult white tip reef sharks, sting rays, turtles, moray eels, cuttlefish, octopus, schools of yellow snappers and sea snakes.
4. Deep Turbo, This site is positioned in between the islands of Trawangan and Meno and is a sea mount which rises up from a sandy bottom. The top of the mount offers a stunning coral garden which is awash with fish. Common sightings are moray eels, cleaner shrimps (look out for them cleaning angelfish and puffers), Moorish idols, sweetlips and scorpionfish hunkered down on the reef.
5. Hann’s Reef, Macro photography and muck diving aficionados stand by, this is the site for you! Critters abound at Hann’s Reef and you should always expect the unexpected.
6. Meno Wall, This is one of the best dive sites in the Gili’s for night diving. Laying just off the west of Gili Meno, this wall dive site is packed with crustaceans which come out at night.
7. Simon’s Reef, This site offers a series of sea mounts to the north of Gili Meno and boasts a healthy mix of hard and soft corals. Large barrel sponges are a highlight as are gorgonian sea fans, which are often harboring tiny pygmy seahorses – although you need good eyes (or a good guide) to spot them!
8. Halik, SourceThis dive site is ideal for beginners along with any experts looking to start their dive trip on a beautiful multi-level diving site. There is a canopy of rich and vibrant coral stretching from 5-24m of depth.